Pysanka (from the verb “pysaty” – “to write”,) is a famouse and known worldwide Ukrainian Easter egg that is made on Spring Holidays from ancient pre-Christian times. Pysanka is decorated with traditional ethnic Ukrainian folk ornaments. Every region and family have their own styles and and technologies. Symbols are written with beeswax by stylus (“pysachok”, “pysak”, “pysal’tse”, “kistka”), using a wax-resist method.
About The Author
Lilia Tiazhka (aka Lilka Sky) is a nutritionist, specialist of wellbeing, chef and founder of Etnocook Ukrainian Traditional Ethnic Cuisine
6th April 2015
9th November 2019
28th June 2015
- Art of eating: the Japanese way of mindful nutrition
- MINDFUL NUTRITION – How to use meal time to practice mindfulness
- How to Cook Roast Duck in Oven – Real Time Video Recipe. Ukrainian Crispy Roasted Duck
- Ancient Slavic ritual landscape Stilsko and modern barbarians
- COVID-19: The only way to deal with the coronavirus for now!