Pysanka (from the verb “pysaty” – “to write”,) is a famouse and known worldwide Ukrainian Easter egg that is made on Spring Holidays from ancient pre-Christian times. Pysanka is decorated with traditional ethnic Ukrainian folk ornaments. Every region and family have their own styles and and technologies. Symbols are written with beeswax by stylus (“pysachok”, “pysak”, “pysal’tse”, “kistka”), using a wax-resist method.
About The Author
Lilia Tiazhka (aka Lilka Sky) is a nutritionist, specialist of wellbeing, chef and founder of Etnocook Ukrainian Traditional Ethnic Cuisine
- How to Cook Roast Duck in Oven – Real Time Video Recipe. Ukrainian Crispy Roasted Duck
- Ancient Slavic ritual landscape Stilsko and modern barbarians
- COVID-19: The only way to deal with the coronavirus for now!
- How to Upgrade to a paid Course Certificate on Coursera
- Sourdough starter: super easy recipe for homemade bread